2023-2024 Course Catalog – Graduation Requirements
|Indiana Academy Graduation Requirements|
|Graduating Classes of 2023-2024 and 2024-2025 (26.5 Academy Credits)|
Students must carry a minimum of 5.5 credits each semester.
|High School Substitutions|
Courses that are not taught at the Indiana Academy which would have traditionally been taken by students as 9th or 10th graders may be taken through summer school or through other arrangements. These classes include but are not limited to PE, Health, Fine Arts, Geometry, Algebra 2, and World Civilization/World History. Approval for these substitutions should be arranged with the Director of Academic Affairs.
|Science:||6 Credits Required|
|Math:||8 Credits Required|
|English:||8 Credits Required|
|Social Studies:||6 Credits Required|
|World Languages:||6 or 8 Credits Required|
|Fine Arts:||2 Credits Required|
|Health:||1 Credit Required|
|Physical Education:||2 Credits Required|
|Computing:||.5 Credit Required|
|Colloquium:||1 Credit Required (Required of ALL students attending the Academy – Residential, NECP, and International)|
|May Term:||1 Credit Required|
Additional State Requirements for the Academic Honors Diploma
- Earn a grade of a “C” or better in core courses that will count toward the diploma.
- Complete one of the following:
- Earn 4 credits in 2 or more AP courses and take corresponding AP exams.
- Earn 6 verifiable transcripted college credits in dual credit courses from the approved dual credit list.
- Earn two of the following:
- A minimum of 3 verifiable transcripted college credits from the approved dual credit list,
- 2 credits in AP courses and corresponding AP exams,
- 2 credits in IB standard level courses and corresponding IB exams.
- Earn a composite score of 1250 or higher on the SAT and a minimum of 560 on math and 590 on the evidence-based reading and writing section.
- Earn an ACT composite score of 26 or higher and complete the written essay component.
- Earn 4 credits in IB courses and take corresponding IB exams.