April 2023 News

Senior Hattie Sparks Receives Stamps Scholarship

Monday, April 10, 2023

Congratulations to senior student Hattie Sparks on receiving the prestigious Stamps Scholarship and admission into the Honors College at Purdue University. In addition to covering full tuition for 8 semesters in the Purdue Honors College, the scholarship grants recipients $10,000 dollars per year to use for other educational opportunities such as study abroad, internships, internships abroad, research, among other experiential related activity. “I am so proud of Hattie,” Dr. Olufowote, Director of Academic Affairs at the Indiana Academy stated upon receiving word. “In my role I don’t often get to know students as much as I’d like, but I’ve had the opportunity to acquaint myself with Hattie pretty well over the last year and I can’t think of a more fitting person to fulfill the mission of the Stamps family through this stellar opportunity.” The Stamps organization was started by Roe Stamps and his wife, Penny, in 2006 at Georgia Tech and has grown to a sizeable philanthropic partnership with close to 40 participating schools. “I am so excited! Not just for the financial gain – which is remarkable, don’t get me wrong – but for the community,” Hattie remarked. “Their students are passionate leaders who want to help the world; it’s like they are cultivating a group of future philanthropists. I am so honored that they selected me to join their community and I am looking forward to meeting so many wonderful people!”

Read more about the Stamps Scholarship here: www.stampsscholars.org