By The Numbers
Get to know us better by looking through these quick facts you may or may not know about us.
For four years in a row, the Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics, and Humanities has been ranked the #1 Best Public High School in Indiana, and our teachers are ranked #1 Best Public High School Teachers in Indiana. We continue to be recognized as one of the best high schools in the nation with our rankings in the Top 15 Best Public High School Teachers in America and Top 100 Best Public High Schools in America.
The rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics and millions of reviews from students and parents using data from the U.S. Department of Education. Ranking factors include state test scores, college readiness, graduation rates, SAT/ACT scores, teacher quality, and high school ratings.
The Indiana Academy ranked #4 in the U.S. News and World Report 2017 Best High Schools in Indiana and also earned a gold medal.
- College style class schedules.
- All of the Science and Math AP courses available in Indiana.
- Four levels of Physics courses including General Physics, AP Physics I, AP Physics II, and AP Physics C.
- 21 elective courses available in Science in addition to all available Science AP Courses.
- Approximately 50 Dual Credit courses worth 163 credit hours with Ball State University.
- 7 world languages: Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Latin, Russian, and Spanish.
- Academic credit for students working on creative projects such as writing a novel, fashion design, or developing computer algorithms.
- 16 elective courses in English.
- 9 elective courses in Social Studies.
- AP level courses by distance learning to any location connected to the web.
- Separate 2-3 hour labs each week for nearly every Indiana Academy science class.
- High level math courses such as Linear Algebra, Multivariable Calculus, and Differential Equations.
- Ten of our faculty are AP exam readers and/or College Board Consultants for their subject area.
- Our faculty present a speaker’s series for current students on specialty topics in their field.
- All of our faculty members must hold a minimum of a master’s degree. Nine faculty members hold a Ph.D. in their subject area.
- Four of our faculty members have won a Tandy Award.
- Four of our faculty have been awarded Lilly Creative Scholar Grants in recent years.
- Faculty hold a minimum of 10 office hours each week including 2 hours after 5:00 p.m.
- Three of our faculty were selected to participate in the Fulbright Teacher Exchange Program.
- Our students can choose from over 50 clubs and extra-curricular activities.
- Average graduating class completes over 6,000 hours of community service.
- We offer over 250 wellness programs each year.
- All of our Student Life Counselors (SLCs) have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- The average graduating class will complete over 4,000 hours of Academy Service.
- 100% of our grads of ready for college-level courses according to the 2017 College Readiness Report by the Indiana Commission for Higher Education.
- The amount of scholarship money offered to members of the graduating class each year is over $10 million.
- Our students can explore careers through an apprenticeship program.
- Our alumni return to campus and present a speaker’s series on their college experiences and careers.
- Since 1991, the Indiana Academy has provided professional development to thousands of teachers from around the nation and world through the Academy’s AP Summer Institute.
- Our two-week long specialty course called “May Term” requires students to take classes, work an apprenticeship, or travel nationally or internationally.
- Our students have traveled to Japan, Norway, Costa Rica, China, Switzerland, and France, Ireland, London, and Japan – just to name a few.