By The Numbers
Get to know us better by looking through these quick facts you may or may not know about us.
The Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics, and Humanities is consistently ranked one of the best high schools by Niche.com. In their latest rankings for 2022, the Indiana Academy was again rated as the #1 Best Public High School and #1 Best College Prep Public High School in Indiana. We also continue to be recognized as one of the best high schools in the nation with our 2022 ranking putting us in the Top 15 (at #12) Best Public High School Teachers in America and in the Top 50 (at #45) Best Public High Schools in America.
According to Niche, their rankings are based on a rigorous analysis of public data sets that includes using the most up-to-data available from the U.S. Department of Education along with over 100 million reviews and survey responses from students, parents, and teachers.
- College style class schedules.
- All of the Science and Math AP courses available in Indiana.
- Four levels of Physics courses including General Physics, AP Physics I, AP Physics II, and AP Physics C.
- 21 elective courses available in Science in addition to all available Science AP Courses.
- Approximately 50 Dual Credit courses worth 163 credit hours with Ball State University.
- 7 world languages: Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Latin, Russian, and Spanish.
- Academic credit for students working on creative projects such as writing a novel, fashion design, or developing computer algorithms.
- 16 elective courses in English.
- 9 elective courses in Social Studies.
- AP level courses by distance learning to any location connected to the web.
- Separate 2-3 hour labs each week for nearly every Indiana Academy science class.
- High level math courses such as Linear Algebra, Multivariable Calculus, and Differential Equations.
- Ten of our faculty are AP exam readers and/or College Board Consultants for their subject area.
- Our faculty present a speaker’s series for current students on specialty topics in their field.
- All of our faculty members must hold a minimum of a master’s degree. Nine faculty members hold a Ph.D. in their subject area.
- Four of our faculty members have won a Tandy Award.
- Four of our faculty have been awarded Lilly Creative Scholar Grants in recent years.
- Faculty hold a minimum of 10 office hours each week including 2 hours after 5:00 p.m.
- Three of our faculty were selected to participate in the Fulbright Teacher Exchange Program.
- Our students can choose from over 50 clubs and extra-curricular activities.
- Average graduating class completes over 6,000 hours of community service.
- We offer over 250 wellness programs each year.
- All of our Student Life Counselors (SLCs) have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- The average graduating class will complete over 4,000 hours of Academy Service.
- 100% of our grads are ready for college-level courses according to the 2017 College Readiness Report by the Indiana Commission for Higher Education.
- The amount of scholarship money offered to members of the graduating class each year is over $10 million.
- Our students can explore careers through an apprenticeship program.
- Our alumni return to campus and present a speaker’s series on their college experiences and careers.
- Since 1991, the Indiana Academy has provided professional development to thousands of teachers from around the nation and world through the Academy’s AP Summer Institute.
- Our two-week long specialty course called “May Term” requires students to take classes, work an apprenticeship, or travel nationally or internationally.
- Our students have traveled to Japan, Norway, Costa Rica, China, Switzerland, and France, Ireland, London, and Japan – just to name a few.