Now offering over 150 credit hours in almost 40 courses!
Certain Indiana Academy courses are eligible for Dual Credit with Ball State University. Students are responsible for the tuition (varies per course) and may receive a college transcript for courses that are successfully completed. Tuition fees for dual credit courses are lower than regular college tuition rates for the same course. The college transcript should allow the transfer of credits to other colleges within Indiana. Check for course acceptance when transferring credits to out of state colleges. Contact Dr. Jeff Smith at jsmith4 or 765-285-4136 if you have questions or need additional information.
Important items to keep in mind:
- Actual courses available for dual credit are subject to change. Check with the Guidance Office for the most current list of courses.
- Fall semester enrollment will take place about 2 weeks after the beginning of the semester and lasts approximately 5 days. Enrollment for spring dual credit courses will start in December and finish the opening week of classes in January. You must enroll during these times if you wish to receive dual credit. Ball State University does not allow late or retroactive enrollments.
- Dual credit courses indicated with an asterisk (*) are the second course in a two-semester sequence. Students must enroll in the fall in the first course of the sequence in order to qualify for dual credit in the spring semester. Students must enroll and pay another tuition fee for the second course in the sequence at the start of the Spring semester. Some courses may have perquisite requirements. Check with the Guidance Office for an updated and complete list of all prerequisites for dual credit classes.
- Courses labeled “enroll in spring only” are the fall and spring semesters of the Academy class. The two semesters together are equal to one semester of the BSU equivalent class. The dual credit grade is an average of the two semester grades of the Academy class.
- Enrollment for these courses is done in the enrollment period in December and early January.
|Academy course number and title||BSU course|
|FRN1A/1B||Accelerated French 1||4 cr. hrs. per semester in FR 101 and 102*|
|FRN2A/2B||Intermediate French 2||3 cr. hrs. in FR 201 (enroll spring only)|
|FRN3A/3B||Advanced French 3||3 cr. hrs. in FR 202 (enroll spring only)|
|GER1A/1B||Accelerated German 1||4 cr. hrs. per semester in GER 101 and 102*|
|GER2A/2B||Intermediate German 2||3 cr. hrs. in GER 201 (enroll spring only)|
|JAP1A/1B||Accelerated Japanese 1||4 cr. hrs. in JP 101 (enroll spring only)|
|JAP2A/2B||Intermediate Japanese 2||4 cr. hrs. in JP 102 (enroll spring only)|
|LAT1A/1B||Accelerated Latin 1||4 cr. hrs. per semester in LAT 101 and 102*|
|LAT2A/2B||Intermediate Latin 2||3 cr. hrs. per semester in LAT 201 and 202*|
|SPN2A/2B||Intermediate Spanish 2||3 cr. hrs. in SPN 201 (enroll spring only)|
|SPN3A/3B||Advanced Spanish 3||3 cr. hrs. in SPN 202 (enroll spring only)|
|SOC203||American History 1492-1876||3 cr. hrs. in HIST 201: US 1492-1876|
|SOC204||American History 1877-Present||3 cr. hrs. in HIST 202: US 1877-Present|
|SOC05130||West in the World||3 cr. hrs. in HIST 150 (spring only)|
|Mathematics / Computer Science / Finance|
|MAT04005||Calculus||3 cr. hrs. in MATH 132 (fall only)|
|MAT04123/04124||AP Calculus AB||4 cr. hrs. in MATH 165 (enroll spring only)|
|MAT04133||AP Calculus BC 1||4 cr. hrs. in MATH 165 (available fall or spring)|
|MAT04134||AP Calculus BC 2||4 cr. hrs. in MATH 166 (spring only)|
|MAT04514||Statistics||3 cr. hrs. in MATH 181 (available fall & spring)|
|MAT04515||Quantitative Reasoning||3 cr. hrs. in MATH 125 (spring only)|
|MAT04825||AP Statistics||3 cr. hrs. in MATH 181 (spring only)|
|MAT04832||Linear Algebra||4 cr. hrs. in MATH 217 (fall only)|
|MAT04833||Multivariable Calculus||4 cr. hrs. in MATH 267 (fall only)|
|MAT04834||Differential Equations||3 cr. hrs. in MATH 374 (spring only)|
|CMP04202||Visual Programming||4 cr. hrs. in CS 120 (spring only)|
|CMP04501/4502||AP Computer Sci. A 1, 2||4 cr. hrs. in CS 121 (enroll spring only)|
|BUS0110||Personal Finance||3 cr. hrs. in FIN 110|
|SCI03201/03202||General Chemistry 1, 2||3 cr. hrs. in CHEM 100 (enroll in spring only)|
|SCI04204/04205||AP Chemistry||4 cr. hrs. per semester in CHEM 111 and 112*|
|SCI04301/04302||AP Biology||4 cr. hrs. per semester in BIO 111 and 112*|
|SCI04304||Microbiology||5 cr. hrs. in BIO 113 (fall only)|
|SCI04328||AP Environmental Science||3 cr. hrs. in NREM 101 (enroll in spring only)|
|SCI03101/03102||General Physics 1, 2||3 cr. hrs. in PHYC 100 (enroll in spring only)|
|SCI03111/03112||AP Physics I||4 cr. hrs. in PHYC 110 (enroll in spring only)|
|SCI03113/03114||AP Physics II||4 cr. hrs. in PHYC 112 (enroll in spring only)|
|SCI04102/04103||AP Physics C||5 cr. hrs. per semester in PHYC 120 and 122*|
|SCI04406||The Solar System||3 cr. hrs. in ASTR 100 (fall only)|
|SCI04407||Galactic Astronomy||3 cr. hrs. in ASTR 120 (spring only)|
|* Enrollment in the first course is a pre-requisite for enrollment in the second course.|