Online Education 2018-2019
About Indiana Academy Online
The Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics, and Humanities has provided online educational options for students since 1990. We serve Indiana students as well as those nationwide and around the globe needing advanced courses. As an accredited public high school specializing in students with high academic potential, our instructors are highly qualified with many of our online courses being AP and dual credit.
The Indiana Academy is part of Teachers College at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. Our residential program hosts about 300 juniors and seniors from across the state of Indiana. Online course administration is handled through our Office of Outreach Programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why would our school need your courses?
- Your school has advanced students who need challenging courses and you can’t meet their needs alone.
- You have only a few qualified students in your school.
- You do not have a teacher to teach the course on site.
- You do not have the funds to hire one teacher for a small class.
Who should take your courses?
- Students with high motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Students who want the opportunity to test out of college freshmen courses on Advanced Placement tests. See the College Board web site for more information.
How will our school be involved?
A site coordinator is needed to communicate with our office, grade assignments, and proctor exams and quizzes. This does not have to be a person with knowledge in the content area, but good communication and organizational skills are essential! A Site Coordinator’s Agreement is part of the course contract.
Textbooks must be purchased separately.
How will we access our courses?
Our courses can be accessed over the Internet at any time of the day through our streaming video archive. Schools can easily receive streaming video with a T1 or faster Internet connection. Students can also view courses at home through a cable modem or DSL connection.
When is the course content available?
Every video of every course is available at any time. The web sites with archived broadcasts, syllabi, curriculum information, homework, and assignments are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Can the courses be previewed?
If you are interested in previewing the streaming video, syllabi, or curriculum information, contact our office at 800-316-3163 ext. 7 or by e-mail at outreach.