|Indiana Academy Graduation Requirements|
|Graduating Classes of 2016 and 2017 (26.5 Academy Credits)|
|High School Substitutions|
Courses that are not taught at the Indiana Academy which would have traditionally been taken by students as 9th or 10th graders may be taken during summer school or through other arrangements. These classes include but are not limited to: PE, Health, Fine Arts, Geometry, Algebra II, and World Civilization/World History. Approval for these substitutions should be arranged with the Academy Guidance Office.
|Science:||6 Credits Required|
|Math:||8 Credits Required|
|English:||8 Credits Required|
|Social Science:||6 Credits Required|
|Foreign Language:||6 or 8 Credits Required|
|Fine Arts:||2 Credits Required|
|Health:||1 Credit Required|
|Physical Education:||2 Credits Required|
|Computing:||.5 Credit Required|
|Research:||1 Credit Required|
|Colloquium:||1 Credit Required|
|May Term:||1 Credit Required|
|Minimum Credits a student must carry per semester is 5.5.|
Additional Requirements for the Academic Honors Diploma
Earn a grade of a “C” or better in courses that will count toward the diploma.
Complete one of the following:
- Earn 4 credits in 2 or more AP courses and take corresponding AP exams.
- Earn a combined score of 1750 or higher on the SAT critical reading, mathematics, and writing sections and a minimum score of 530 on each.
- Earn an ACT composite score of 26 or higher and complete writing section.
- Earn 6 verifiable transcripted college credits in dual credit courses.
- Earn a combination of 2 credits of AP courses and corresponding AP exams AND 3 verifiable transcripted college credits through dual credit courses.