January 2024 News

Academy Senior Daniel Yoo Selected to Present Research at National Conference

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Congratulations to senior Daniel Yoo, whose research project “School type and perceptions of well-being among South Korean Students,” has been selected for presentation at the 81st annual Midwest Political Science Association Conference in Chicago, IL this April! “I thought academic research was something only upperclassmen in college could participate in and the Academy has proven me wrong!” Daniel goes on to mention that, “Under the guidance of Dr. Olufowote, I was able to dive into a novel educational sociology project where we became investigators, researchers, and colleagues in the realm of research within social science. I’m extremely excited to present these findings at MPSA.” According to Dr. Olufowote, “I knew from the quality of Daniel’s research that presenting and publishing were imminent realities and I’m so proud of him for getting his work out there. MPSA is generally a space reserved for the dissemination of original research of professional social scientists, graduate students, and burgeoning researchers so Daniel’s acceptance as a high school senior is outright impressive. Daniel will be off to Vanderbilt next Fall and I’m confident his experience at the Academy will prepare him well as he transitions.”