January 2019 News
Academy Closed Wednesday (1/30) and Part of Thursday (1/31)
Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Ball State University is closing Wednesday January 30 through 11:00 a.m. Thursday January 31 due to the anticipated extremely cold and dangerous weather. The purpose of this message is to provide all students with the same instructions regarding your classes. Classes will be conducted through an e-Learning format to avoid making up the missed school day at a later date.
Note to parents: The residence hall remains open during this time. Students are not being sent home.
For all Academy classes that meet on Wednesday, January 30
- Your instructor will contact you with instructions regarding your assignment. The contact will most likely be by e-mail, but a few instructors may have given information during class today.
- Each class assignment will require you to produce a product of some sort. The product will serve as evidence of your participation in the e-Learning class
- The product must be sent or given to your instructor no later than midnight on Friday, February 1st. Products may be turned in earlier if desired.
- The product will be your evidence of having attended class on the e-Learning day. Failure to submit your product will result in an unexcused absence and a zero for the assignment.
For any Academy classes that meets 8:00 – 11:00 on Thursday, January 31
- Classes that normally meet from 10:00 – 12:00 will meet at 11:00. Please plan on attending these classes.
- All other classes that meet prior to 11:00 are cancelled. However, your instructor may send you an assignment so watch your e-mail for instructions.
- Study hall is cancelled for Wednesday, January 30th.
If you have questions regarding your assignment, please contact your instructor.
If you have questions regarding an Academic situation or concern, please contact Dr. Jeff Smith or Dr. Dain Kavars.