Lil’ Sibs Weekend
The Indiana Academy Family Weekend, otherwise known as Lil’ Sibs Weekend, is coming up! This year, Lil’ Sibs Weekend is scheduled for Friday, November 1st through Saturday, November 2nd. The Academy is planning for plenty of guests to participate in this fun-filled weekend!
Register for Lil’ Sibs Weekend
On Friday, we will begin with overnight sibling registration and activities from 4:00–6:00 p.m. Then, we will have a pizza party for Academy students and their siblings. The rest of the evening will be full of various events including trick-or-treating around the Academy, a haunted house, and more. The full schedule of events is included in this packet. During their stay, siblings will receive a Lil Sibs Weekend t-shirt. The registration fee also includes a t-shirt for your Academy student, as well as 10 tickets for Saturday’s carnival.
Unfortunately, all events are for registered Academy students and their siblings only.
Saturday morning will consist of breakfast and cartoons. Please keep in mind, we ask that all siblings be picked up no later than 12 p.m noon on Saturday. The registration fee for Lil’ Sibs is $25 for the first sibling and $15 for any additional sibling. These fees will cover the meals that the child will eat during their stay, their participation in activities, and Lil’ Sibs Weekend t-shirts for the academy student and the sibling. The registration deadline is October 20th. Any siblings registered after the deadline will be charged an additional $15 fee per individual sibling, and we cannot guarantee availability of t-shirts at check-in. In this case, t-shirts will be distributed to the sibling’s Academy student when the shirt is available. Please note: WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY REGISTRATIONS AFTER FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25th.
Finally, we invite you and your family to join us on Saturday afternoon for the annual Academy Carnival in Burris Gymnasium from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. The Carnival is a fundraising campaign for Prom 2020! This year the goal is to raise around $700-900 in order to cover the cost of the DJ and decorations. The event is solely run by the students and Student Life staff of the Academy, so we encourage your attendance for an afternoon of fun games, activities, and prizes! You can preorder Carnival tickets along with Lil Sibs registration for convenience. More details about this option are included on the registration form in this packet.
Download the Lil’ Sibs Weekend
Info & Registration Packet
Parents and guardians are more than welcome to stay in the area during Lil’ Sibs Weekend; however, the activities are only for students and their siblings. We cannot accommodate parents and guardians in Wagoner Hall overnight, but a list of possible local hotels is below for your convenience. If you have any questions about Lil’ Sibs Weekend, please contact either Chris Miller at 765-285-7400 or Andrew Becker at 765-285-4264. We hope to see you there!
Overnight Lil’ Siblings Policies
- Registration begins Friday, November 1st, at 4:00 p.m. and ends at 6:00 p.m. All siblings MUST be checked-in by a custodial parent or legal guardian. Custodial parent/legal guardian may need to fill out an additional health consent form for younger siblings. All siblings MUST be checked out of the building by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Saturday, November 2nd.
- Overnight registrations and fees must be returned to the Academy no later than October 20th. Due to the amount of planning that goes into preparing Lil’ Sibs Weekend, applications received after that date will require an additional late fee of $15 per little sibling. Late registration will continue until October 25th, after which no more registrations will be accepted. Please make all checks payable to The Indiana Academy.
- A $25 charge will apply for one sibling attending. For any additional siblings, the charge will be $15 per sibling. This fee will cover the meals that the child will eat during his/her stay, their participation in activities, and a Lil’ Sibs Weekend t-shirt.
- Sibling attire must conform to our guidelines in the handbook.
- The siblings will need to provide their own bedding. Examples: pillow, sleeping bag, air mattress, etc.
- Siblings must be between the ages of 8 years old and 18 years old.
- Siblings spending the night must be actual siblings. They must share a parent or legal guardian. (If during the evening we find out that someone has brought a child of whom they are not the legal guardians, they will be called and asked to pick the child up.)
- Any little sibling spending the night must stay with an Academy student of the same gender. If the student and their sibling’s gender are different, an Academy student will need to “host” the sibling for the overnight portion of evening. The current Academy student must pre-arrange the host and note it on the registration form. There is a limit of two siblings per Academy student, per room.
- Academy students having an overnight sibling must accompany their sibling at all times. Academy Students will have a mandatory meeting during the week of Lil’ Sibs to review rules.
- Siblings must be on the same gender floor at 11:00 p.m. and will attend an 11:00 p.m. face check with an SLC on the floor. They must also stay on the floor for the duration of the night. Students and siblings may be in the lounges starting at 9:00 a.m., Saturday morning.
- Academy students having overnight siblings may not sign out of the building once their parents and guardians have left. The Academy students who will be hosting a sibling may not sign out of the building after 11:00 p.m.
- If the Academy student wishes to leave the Academy (i.e. walk around The Village), the parent or guardian must accompany the student and sibling after signing them out on a Gold Travel Form. Parents or Guardians must also sign them back into the building when returning before 11:00 p.m. (Please note: This is different from a normal weekend sign-in)
- Please remember that our event is for ages 8-18, so costumes should be appropriate for all ages (family-friendly, not too frightening, etc.)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What can I do if my child is younger than 8 years old?
If your child is under the age of 8, please feel free to contact Taylor or Andrew for additional information and alternative options.
- I cannot get there until late Friday night, is that ok?
Yes, you may arrive any time between 4:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. on Friday night. If you will be arriving after 6:00 p.m., please contact Taylor or Andrew and let them know when you plan on arriving.
- We cannot make it on Friday night; may we still come to Carnival?
Yes, we would love for you and your family to partake in the festivities of Carnival on Saturday from 12:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.!
- My child is really close to his/her younger niece/nephew. May the niece/nephew come instead?
Unfortunately, no. Unless the Academy student’s guardian is the same guardian as the nephew/niece, they would not be able to attend Lil’ Sibs Weekend. However, all family members are welcome to attend Carnival on Saturday.
Area Hotels & Phone Numbers
|Student Center Hotel||765-285-1555||Holiday Inn Express||765-289-4678|
|Best Western||765-282-0600||Quality Inn||765-216-1675|
|Days Inn||765-288-2311||Fairfield Inn||765-282-6666|
|Econo Motel||765-288-5559||Super 8||765-287-5058|
|Comfort Inn||765-649-3000||Best Western Plus||765-649-2500|
|Holiday Inn Express||765-779-0111||Days Inn||765-393-8964|
|Raintree Inn||765-521-0100||Walnut Ridge Resort||765-987-8205|