Youth Enrichment Programs
The Indiana Academy provides a variety of youth enrichment programs for K-12 students during the school year and over the summer. Our qualified instructors typically do these enrichment programs on our campus and at schools around the state.
At this time, our Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 programs are being conducted online.
If you are a teacher or school interested in hosting a youth enrichment program for your school, please contact the Office of Outreach Programs by email at outreach or by phone at 1-800-316-3163 ext. 5 for more information. We offer numerous program topics that are customized to fit your needs and budget in a wide range of subject areas!
ONLINE SATURDAY PROGRAMS
- Our outstanding Indiana Academy faculty and occasionally Ball State professors will present Youth Enrichment Programs to students in a virtual environment. Our programs will engage students with creative activities that build artistic and academic skills, enrichment, exploration, and educational fun. They may end up having so much fun, they may not realize they are learning!
- Saturday mornings at 10 a.m. via Zoom
- We encourage you to register so you can be an active participant via Zoom. The programs will also be streamed via Facebook Live to our Outreach Programs page at facebook.com/TheIndianaAcademyOutreachPrograms.
- Open to any Indiana elementary through high school student
- No cost to attend! These youth enrichment programs are FREE!
- You must register via Eventbrite to attend and be an active participant in the programs. Each program will have a separate registration link, and registration closes the morning of the program.
- For more information, please email outreach or call 1-800-316-3163 ext. 5 or 765-285-6156.
Saturday, December 12, 2020 · 10:00 a.m. · Grades 6-12 · FREE!
Middle and high school students are invited to join us virtually for a free youth enrichment program. On Saturday, December 12, 2020 join us at 10 a.m. as Josh Ruark, Associate Lecturer of Mathematics, will help us learn the basics of cryptography, both encoding and decoding messages. We will study different encoding techniques, find ways to break the codes, then apply these principles in using Christmas lights to encode and decode text. To receive the Zoom link, you must Register on Eventbrite.
Academy Faculty: Mr. Joshua Ruark
Saturday, December 19, 2020 · 10:00 a.m. · Grades K-8 · FREE!
Elementary and middle school students are invited to attend a free virtual Youth Enrichment Program. On Saturday, December 19, 2020 join us at 10 a.m. as Academy instructors Evan Ward, Lecturer of Latin, and Clara Chi, Lecturer of Japanese, take us around the world to celebrate December holidays and traditions in other countries. Our instructors will discuss some languages, holiday words, and winter traditions from countries represented by those languages. We will even make some origami! To receive the Zoom link, you must Register on Eventbrite.
Academy Faculty: Ms. Clara Chi, Mr. Evan Ward
Join us in 2021 as we explore these topics:
January · Winter Science Month
February · Black History Month
March · Women’s History Month
April · Global Astronomy Month
May · Month of Math
Program information subject to change.