College Application Procedures
The College and Career Counseling Center (CCCC) offers assistance to Indiana Academy students in the college application process. The CCCC uses two main procedures that are listed below:
Common Application Procedure:
The Common Application Website allows high school students to submit online applications to member colleges and universities, upload essays, and request application items such as a transcript, school profile, Secondary School Report and Teacher Recommendations all simultaneously. This procedure also allows you to check on the status of your applications so that you know when items have been submitted and processed.
- For a more detailed list of instructions on how to use the Common Application procedure please click on the following link for a PowerPoint Presentation: Student Intro to CAO.
- To register for an account visit the Common Application website.
- If you need help in locating school, counselor and faculty information for help in completing your requests for the Secondary School Report and Teacher Recommendations click on the following link: Academy Info for CAO.
- If you are eligible for an SAT or ACT fee waiver please click the following link: Fee Waivers.
In-State/Out-of-State Application Procedure – Excluding Common Application Member Colleges:
To apply to any College and/or University, excluding the Common Application Members Colleges, visit the CCCC Office (Wagoner Hall, room 180) to pick-up a College Application Request Form. These request forms allow students to request counselor forms, school profiles, and teacher recommendations, as well as a way to collect all application materials such as essays and student resumes so that application items can be submitted all together.
- A three-week period is required from when the date the request form is submitted until the requested deadline date.
- Students are responsible for printing and including all forms that need to be completed for each college/university with the request form.
- If you are a Twenty First Century Scholar or eligible for SAT and ACT Fee waivers please click on the following link: Waiver Guidelines.
The Coalition provides a single platform of online tools to assist in the experience of applying to college. Members of the Coalition include a diverse group of public universities that have affordable tuition along with need-based financial aid for in-state residents, and private colleges and universities that provide sufficient financial aid to meet the full, demonstrated financial need of every domestic student they admit. The Coalition has signed up over 90 institutions.
Coalition members can be found here.
Common Black College Application
The Common Black College Application allows students to apply to any number of 49 HBCUs at the same time for only $35.
To request a transcript for a college application (when not applying via the Common Application) use Parchment. Parchment Exchange offers this service to make ordering transcripts easier for you. It’s also more efficient for our school, and will deliver your transcripts to the colleges you choose in the format they prefer.