International Student Host Families
Become a host family!
Our international program continues to grow, and we are currently accepting applications for host families for our 2017-18 school year.
The Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics, and Humanities is a public high school with more than 300 high ability juniors and seniors coming from all over Indiana to the campus of Ball State University. Our school also offers an international program open to high school students from around the globe, and these bright international students stay with host families during their junior year.
Host families play a special role in the life of an international Academy student. Studying at an American school is only part of an international student’s dream…Learning about American life and being a teenager in an American family is also very important to them!
Please consider hosting one of these wonderful students! Call us for more details.
Dr. Dain Kavars, Executive Director
765-285-8126 or dwkavars
Download our hosting information flyer for more details.
Call Out for Families
Hosting an international student can be an exciting opportunity for you and your family to experience new cultures and make life-long friendships. Consider opening your home to an international Academy student and join our “family” by hosting one of these great kids!
There is no typical host family/parent, and no previous hosting experience is necessary. All are encouraged to apply!
How It Works
- Student is responsible for expenses related to school, extracurricular activities, clothing, healthcare, etc.
- Hosts provide a supportive environment that includes a room, meals, and transportation to/from school.
- Student lives with the host family throughout the academic year (August-May). If host family has children, the student may share a bedroom.
- Treat the student as your own child with rules, love, support, guidance, etc.
- Orientation is provided to host families with ongoing support throughout the year.
Take the next step!
- Apply at flag-intl.org/host.html
- Coordinator will visit your loving home to chat and answer any questions.
- Upon approval, you’ll read student stories and parent letters, see pictures, and be matched with one of these amazing kids!